Re: C650 Install Attempt

Hi,

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008, Joel Ewy wrote:

I'm trying to install etch-m68k on a Centris 650, with the idea that
this might become a build machine, as discussed in a previous thread.
I'm using Finn Thain's 2.6.22 kernel from
http://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/jcewy/.  I've tried the nativehd
install ramdisk image from Sarge and also the one at
http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily/nativehd/.  The
arguments I'm passing to the kernel in Penguin are:  mac53c9x=1,0
root=/dev/ram

With both ramdisks I get to a point where it seems to hang at "(process:
476): INFO: kbd-mode:  setting console mode to Unicode (UTF-8)".

Is there a text mode installer available? Your description seems like you try to use the 'graphical' installer which is just fancier console display with UTF-8 (multibyte character display) support. Whatever is used to display UTF-8 does not work with Mac framebuffer display, I suppose. What is your display color depth?

Stephen sure tested the installer on another m68k platform, maybe it only works with 8 bit display?

Cheers,

	Michael