Re: FOSDEM thoughts

I personally agree that combining the ports together is a bad idea; no
arguement towards the other has managed to sway me; FreeMiNT OS required
an emualator layer running under its kernel and still required patching
to be usable on Coldfire.

I also disagree that coldfire as a seperate port would kill m68k; go
look at the three(?!) arm ports; they all use a single list and patches.
We're even better off because to the compiler, coldfire and classic m68k
are almost identical (a few different opcodes, and high preferences of
some instructions). If I had coldfire equipment that could run a
standard linux kernel, I'd already have bootstrapped the basic debian
packages and started a buildd (and then deal with the trillions upon
trillions of dep-wait emails that would soon follow :-P) (if anyone has
a coldfire board and is willing to put Linux on it with a basic userland
(busybox and dropbear would be enough; I can cross-compile a  compiler
and the basic userland, and APT), I'd do it right now.
Michael