Re: how to install Etch, Lenny or sid?

Stephen R Marenka píše v Ne 27. 01. 2008 v 20:10 -0600:
> > I have just tried to install Debian but I don't know how to do that. I
> > used to be installing from CD images but I can't find any for Etch or
> > newer. Please help...
>
> I've made quite a few test runs using aranym and the daily images from
> [1], but installing etch-m68k with the issues listed in [2].
>
> [1] http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily/
> [2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/M68kTodo#issues
>
> These notes are for aranym, but should work for atari. Other archs
> shouldn't run into most if any of these bugs.

Very cool. This is the kind of information I was looking for, thanks.
However it's unclear to me what initrd.gz to use. I tried the cdrom/ one
and eventhough it said it would try network install when the searching
for the cdrom failed it didn't continue. It let me configure my network
and that was it.

> Grab the daily nativehd image from [1].

ah, nativehd, OK.

> You'll need to boot with suite=etch-m68k.

this is probably the key thing.

> After that, installation should complete normally. It's a bit of a pain,
> but it works. I've got patches submitted for all of the bugs, I'm hoping
> they'll all be uploaded as part of the lenny beta 1 d-i release.

Let's hope.

Petr