Re: [SPAM] Re: crest.d.o and m68k.d.o

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 05:23:15PM +0100, Kolbj�armen wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Ok, I give up, the Amiga 3000 and 4000 do not like the disk in AmigaOS, they
> are simply invisible. hdsetup did something to the disk, created two (large)
> partitions on it, but after a reboot, they disappeared again. I connected
> the disk to my Amiga2000 and could install AmigaOS from it with no problems,
> the Amiga even boots from it (the other disks in the A2k have vanished, but
> that is another problem that came from playing too much with hdtoolbox, I
> hope that can be solved, too). When I reconnect the disk to the A3k, it
> simply does not show up in AmigaOS, very strange.

On A4000 (and presumably A3000, too), HdToolBox stores information about
the presence of disks in NVRAM, which is used later by AmigaOS when
booting (at least that's what they told me when I had a similar problem
with disappearing disks years ago...).

Can you try an explicit rescan in HdToolBox or so?
Does Linux see the disk?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds