Re: crest.d.o and m68k.d.o

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> In Linux, the new disk works fine, in AmigaOS the HDToolbox can see it,
> change partitions, boot priorities, etc, but the Amiga partitions do not
> show up in AmigaOS, even after a reboot, so I can not format them, or is
> there a tool to format amiga partitions from AmigaOS?

Sure, there's the tool cleverly named "format" that does the job :)

However - your disk is what.. 250GB?
My guess is that your scsi.device and filesystem handler are not updated
to handle more than 4GB disks and 2GB partitions.

But do you need that?
If the point here is to have a linux/m68k system and only need amiga
partition for amiboot and kernels, you should prepare a tiny amigaos
partition at the very start of the disk, smaller than 2GB.  That should be
recognizable from AmigaOS and also be formattable.

If you really need lots of amiga partitions, you need to update your
system with newer scsi.device that handles large disks, and new filesystem
that handles large filesystems.

-- kolla