Re: [mac68k] Do you ant to play with a floppy ?

On 9/2/07, Laurent Vivier <laurent@lvivier.info> wrote:

> Le 2 sept. 07 à 06:59, Brian Morris a écrit :
>
> On 8/31/07, Laurent Vivier <laurent@lvivier.info> wrote:
>

> Le 1 sept. 07 à 03:43, Branden Robinson a écrit :
>
> On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 01:14:22AM +0200, Laurent Vivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> EMILE, the macintosh m68k bootloader, is now able to manage "multiboot".

≈≈

≈
> You can try a good one in the nightly snapshot of EMILE:
>
> http://emile.sourceforge.net/SNAPSHOT/multiboot-2.2.27-rc2_0.12CVS.bin.bz2

got It, also got the 2.6.18 ... there are too many kernels and also
compiler versions floating around these days. 18 is good for etch
if you don't have ide (also maybe could be used with sarge). 21 or 22
is best supported now although it has to be gotten from sid, until
unless officially released to etch in updates.

I notice you are using peculiar (to me) versions of compilers.
3.4 for m68k and 4.1 as cross compiler. Is this more compatible ?

Reason I ask is there was some discussion on the list lately about
have had held on to 3.3 too long and why and problems with
4.1 (and 4.2 now as well).

> If I could put the option to boot macos or skip it that would not be
> useless to me.  But I do not install emile on my hard drive because
> I still find refuge in the old macos for its human interface design
> (despite its limitations) and efficiency (inarguable).
>
> Yes, but for the moment I don't know how to come back to MacOS.

That's ok, I can always just eject the floppy ! Meanwhile also maybe I
will try basiliskII (newer version in unstable).

≈