Re: m68k toolchain status?

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 11:04:07AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > 1) there is an official upstream maintainer for libc6 at least
> > at gnu listed as Andreas Schwab (schwab@suse.de) ...
>
> I wonder how much time Andreas can spare for m68k these days. libc6
> requires thread-local storage if I recall the discussion on this topic
> here a few months back. m68k has no such thing ATM. While Andreas is
> definitely doing bugfixes, adding support for TLS is a bit much to
> expect.

That was my understanding as well. I've started looking at a design
for TLS on m68k, but this summer turned out to be busier that I
originally expected. I'll try to find some time in August.

One issue is that I don't have a real copy of the ELF ABI documentation
for m68k. I found a copy of the PPC documentation, but even that was
difficult. Does anyone have a copy or hints on how to find it? I'm
worried that the current ABI isn't really flexible enough to do TLS
in a proper fashion.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com