Re: Recommendations for trying etch-m68k

On 7/15/07, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007, Brian Morris wrote:
> FYI, i was looking at changelogs both debian and mainline the other day,
> trying to figure out where/ if your patches are included, I am not sure if
> you are gettting credit where due, I saw gert/roman in the mainline
> and christian in the debian but i did not see your name, I know you
> have been
> working hard and helping the macs a lot, I hope those guys at least throw
> you a "thanks" in the notes if they are not too busy, even belatedly.

The changelog between 2.6.21 and .22 should show 14 patches from Finn:

| anakin$ git log v2.6.21..v2.6.22 | grep Author: | grep Finn | wc -l
| 14
| anakin$

I still see only 3 in the debian linux-source-2.6.22-1 package.
so I assume that this is not being kept up to date, and I should
get my source from linux-m68k cvs ???

also I would like to know status of libc2.6 and if there are any
experimental versions around -- that is if it would be any help.
I am holding my gcc and binutils with the 4.1.12 gcc i built a few
weeks ago with crosss compiler, but i am upgrading everything
else to try and track sid in parallel both one quadra and one powermac.
that way i can get some comparison if a bug try same package on
another arch.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

geert@linux-m68k.org

when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like
that.
							    -- Linus Torvalds