Re: [OMPI devel] Build failures of 1.2.3 on Debian hppa, mips, mipsel, s390, m68k

On Jul 14, 2007, at 11:16 AM, George Bosilca wrote:

Instead of failing at configure time, we might want to disable the
threading features and the shared memory device if we detect that we
don't have support for atomics on a specified platform. In a non
threaded build, the shared memory device is the only place where we
need support for memory barrier. I'll look in the code to see why we
need support for compare-and-swap on a non threaded build.

George -

Disabling SM and threads if there's no atomic support would definitely be one option. The compare-and-swap is used by the LIFO used for ompi free lists.

Brian