Re: [OMPI devel] Build failures of 1.2.3 on Debian hppa, mips, mipsel, s390, m68k

Instead of failing at configure time, we might want to disable the threading features and the shared memory device if we detect that we don't have support for atomics on a specified platform. In a non threaded build, the shared memory device is the only place where we need support for memory barrier. I'll look in the code to see why we need support for compare-and-swap on a non threaded build.

  Thanks,
    george.