Re: [OMPI devel] Build failures of 1.2.3 on Debian hppa, mips, mipsel, s390, m68k

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 12:13:59PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On 14 July 2007 at 10:47, Brian Barrett wrote:
> | Open MPI uses some assembly for things like atomic locks, atomic
> | compare and swap, memory barriers, and the like.  We currently have
> | support for:
> |
> | We also have code for:
> |
> |    * Alpha
> |    * MIPS (32 bit NEW ABI & 64 bit)
> |
> | This support isn't well tested in a while and it sounds like it
>
> We'd be glad to help. This has worked well for other project. I think that
> Debian is the quasi-official testbed for xfree.org given all our platforms.
>
> So we can definitely try to get Alpha, Mips, ... up to speed with suitable
> regression tests.

Right! I'm willing to test on Mips and Mipsel. Is test code available or
is it necessary to dig into assembler code (I know only x86 assembler).

I would be glad to help Open MPI since I know it is a very important
project for all kind of numerical simulations. Stupidly I programmed the
last years only on MISD (shared memory parallel computers) and not on
clusters ...

Jens