Re: cross gcc-4.1.2-12 packages

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 10:14:10PM -0700, Brian Morris wrote:
> On 6/17/07, Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> wrote:
> >On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 11:54:20PM -0700, Brian Morris wrote:
> >> hi, Bill
> >>
> >> I just got sid installed on ppc and my ppc versions match those you
> >> give below. I am getting ready to build cross compiler. two checks:
> >>
> >> a) as you say "official method" am i correct in using your directions
> >> I got off the list or has there been an update (i am not sure what
> >> official means)
> >
> >The official instructions are the one given in the files:
> >binutils-2.17cvs20070426/debian/README.cross
> >and
> >gcc-4.1-4.1.2/debian/README.cross
>
> ok, those helped. yet I found Roman Zippels notes still to be
> helpful. and both instructions have needed some (minor) update.
> (for example, kernel-headers package name has totally changed from
> 2.6.18 to  2.6.21)
> >
> >> b) I would be glad to share if i had a place to put them but i don't.
> >
> >If you can PGP-sign them, that could be arranged.
>
> I can sign them with debsigs, that is sign the debs. my key I just made
> so it is not "registered" with debian. but you can check and keep
> track of me with just the number, debsigs ---list produces, until
> 2nd week August I can get my identity confirmed at Linux World conference
> where the Debian booth has that service (it doesn't cost me anything
> I just get an exhibit pass, and I live close enough to commute).

Please make a tarball similar to the one I provide and a detached
signature. As for the key identity, that is up to the people using the
tarball to check, not to me. I do not care about debsigs.

> an efficient simulator there. Basilisk is really LOTs faster than it used
> to be but useless here w/out mmu.

Try aranym CVS. On my Pentium IV at 3.2GHz, aranym CVS is about the speed
of a 68060 running at 120MHZ (by comparing to the Debian buildd).

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.