Re: aranym text console

Wouter Verhelst wrote:
The kernel output doesn't help, since it's the output of user space
software that's important.

OK

Would it be possible to add in support for a serial line?
I wouldn't like emulating another Atari chip so I'd rather add a simple natfeat driver to the linux kernel, if it is acceptable.

That would work, too. As long as one can interact with the emulator
using, say, perl or expect, that's okay.

no, I was rather talking about adding support for something similar to serial line but not implemented by emulating original Atari serial port chips.

Yes, I thought of Xvfb, but that would make the whole setup rather
heavy, so it would be preferable if that wasn't necessary. But if it's
not easy to disable SDL, then that's okay -- we can cope with having to
run Xvfb, I guess.

It would be fun to run using the AsciiArt library output but for some reason it fails to initialize (SDL_VIDEODRIVER=aalib aranym). Maybe the SDL in Debian is not compiled for aalib output? I'll find it out when I have some free time.

Petr