EMILE supported hardware

Hi,

I created a page on the Debian Wiki[1] that attempts to list the
Apple hardware that is supported by the Debian EMILE packages, with the
intention of advising users whether or not their hardware is properly
supported by EMILE.

Unfortunately that list is still pretty short as of this moment. I would
appreciate it if people could attempt to check their systems with EMILE,
and complete the list as much as possible. It is also helpful to list
hardware that does /not/ work, if you find such hardware.

If you want to test EMILE but want to make sure your box will still boot
if it turns out that it isn't supported, do this:

* Before anything else, use the --backup parameter to emile to store a
  backup of your boot block so that you can restore it if necessary.
* Install EMILE to a SCSI disk that you give a lower SCSI device number
  than your MacOS disk (you have to do that anyway; EMILE won't boot
  otherwise). If it fails to boot, turn the disks around, use Penguin to
  boot (specifying the "init=/bin/bash" parameter), and use the
  --restore option to emile to put your original bootblock back. You can
  then put the disks in their original order again.
* Theoretically, you should also be able to get the system into a
  working state again with the "Network Access Disk", a bootable floppy
  for 68k macs. I haven't tried this method myself, however[2], so you may
  want to be careful. This disk can be downloaded from (e.g.) [3].
  Note, however, that you need MacOS to turn the download into a working
  floppy; I suggest doing that first and *testing the floppy* before
  doing anything else.

Thanks in advance,

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/EmileSupportedHardware
[2] That is to say, I haven't tried booting the Network Access Disk and
    restoring the disk to a state that MacOS will boot without touching
    the Linux installation. I do know, however, that it is possible to
    (e.g.) boot the Network Access Disk, and from there run the MacOS
    Apple HD SC tool, repartition/reformat your hard disk, and, then
    reinstall everything. Or so.
[3] http://files.oldos.org/files/macdl/Network_Access_Disk_7.5.sea.bin

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22