Re: sendfile() syscall on 68k with 2.4.27 kernel

Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> writes:

> Dear Debian 68k porters,
>
> It seems that that boa try to use the sendfile syscall on m68k and
> fails, see bug #330871. Is sendfile available with m68k linux 2.4.27 ?
>
> Cheers,

Sendfile should be but sendfile64 is not I believe. I guess you use
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 and then sendfile() is aliaed to sendfile64()?

Sendfile was introduced in linux 2.2 while sendfile64 came late in
2.4.x and only for some archs. libapr (used by apache) had the same
problem recently failing to send any files on some archs due to
sendfile64().

A possible workaround is to use

ssize_t sendfile(int out_fd, int in_fd, NULL, size_t count);

repeadatly with count < 2^31 till the full file is send. Beware that
it alters the file offset of the FD.

I see a patch in #330871 that switches back to non-sendfile I/O. Any
problems with that?

MfG
        Goswin