Re: cross gcc-4.1.1-20 packages and using distcc+crosscc

On 11/17/06, Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:
Hello Debian 68k porters,

I have build gcc-4.1 4.1.1ds2-20 as a m68k cross compiler using the
official method. The debs for i386 are there:
<http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/m68k/cross-4.1.1-20.tgz>

My experience with the distcc+crosscc set up has been very positive,
in fact I did not hit a single issue and it give quite a performance
boost.

Given the current backlog, I would suggest to try this setup on real
m68k as well. Using Roman Zippel crosscc package, this is painless to
do.

crosscc is there: <http://www.xs4all.nl/~zippel/crosscc/>

i built this all on my g4/550ppc. somehow i got ds2-17, i didn't see 20.
is that going to cause me problems. what is the ds2 anyway. is that eliminated
when the gcc build that is in progress now gets done ??. it looked like
only 68k had that ds2 the other arches left it off.

i haven't tested it yet. the specifying of the port adress in debconf for
distcc confused me, i left it blank. i am not sure if i want the demon to
be running when i am online or not ? also my favorite old powerpc it quit
in the middle of this, is a laptop and i think i stressed it too much, i had
been having kernel isssues there for a while and it was apparently stretched
too far.