Re: Bus error in macscsi_pread

On Wed, 2006-22-11 at 22:43 -0800, Brian Morris wrote:

> i only had this problem on my lcIII when i was working with the 2.6.17 kernels.
>
> What is this a 170mb disc, besides that is tiny
> it is probably way too old, may as well go back to kernel 1.0. that thing needs
> pulled (IMHO).

I'm actually doing the install on a 9GB drive.   I'm using this machine
as an NFS server...  Remember?   Anyway, I'm just using the present
config for testing the installer and kernel on the LCIII.   The 170MB
drive has an HFS partition only and is used to boot the Mac to System
7.5.  Linux will be installed to sdb, which is a 9GB drive.