Re: Installing Debian on 68k Macintosh

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 18:02 -0500, De Served wrote:
[snip]
> _The Choice_
>
> I am leaning toward the LCIII as my choice for a Debian install.   I
> like
> the lower profile case and lower power consumption.   The LCIII,
> although
> using a slower 68030 processor and lacking an FPU,

>From my experience - and as mentionated in doc- without FPU no chance,
but not sure .
But if there is the socket - empty - on the board, you can put there a
FPU from
 PDS 10Mb Ethernet cards .
I remember that the net rate was something like max. 300 kB/s.
The same in the data transfer to/from disk .
[snip]

http://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2006/10/msg00301.html

>  Nor have I been able to locate the necessary install
> files -- Kernel and ramdisk image -- in order to begin.

http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/

regards
--eugen