Re: Buildd

> Part of the problem is that you cannot get access to the build database
> without having the machines' buildd account ssh key added to the list of
> authorized keys for buildd_m68k@buildd.debian.org. I have added a few
> wanna-build related config items and disabled wanna-build querying by
> settin the query ssh command to /bin/true. Dropping things to build into
> ~buildd/build/REDO should now get a build started.
>
> The simpler part of fixing the buildd setup was to add a deb-src line
> into the chroot's sources.list :-)

Following up on this: there were two more problems with the chroot setup.
The buildd user and group IDs need to be copied from the host systems'
passwd file (the source is unpacked using the user ID from the host
system, then dpkg-buildpackage is run inside the chroot, using the ID from
the chroot). /proc needs to be mounted in the chroot as well.
Lastly (so far), /dev in the chroot had no pty devices _at all_. That made
expect (needed for testsuites) extremely unhappy.

What instructions or scripts did you use to set up the chroot? We need to
get these updated for future reference ...

On the upside: gcc-4.1 is finally building. May take up to five days to
finish. I'll set up a watchdog cronjob touching the log every hour to make
sure it's not hit by a timeout.