Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 09:45:04PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > The reason we keep all architectures in sync is so that you end
> > up running the same thing if you install "Debian" on any supported
> > architecture. Otherwise you'd install "Debian" on i386 and have the
> > latest features, but install "Debian" on alpha and have an older version
> > of some packages with fewer features and different bugs that need to be
> > worked around.
> Well, that's what we want as well and if m68k could provide this, what's
> the reason this couldn't be released as "Debian"?

It won't be "Debian etch" or "Debian stable", if it's different to
etch/stable on other architectures.

There's no reason it can't be on debian.org servers etc, and be called
"Debian for m68k" or whatever, and be available on Debian mirrors
and such.

I think we're just splitting hairs at this point though :)

Cheers,
aj