Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 02:55:32PM +0200, Lo?c Minier wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > I believe there are some problems because we don't want to have too many
> > versions of the same source package, that's why this is not generalized
> > and why we try to keep all arches in sync.
>  It would be nice to know whether these problems are show stoppers or
>  whether the option would make sense, perhaps with some efforts.

The reason we keep all architectures in sync is so that you end
up running the same thing if you install "Debian" on any supported
architecture. Otherwise you'd install "Debian" on i386 and have the
latest features, but install "Debian" on alpha and have an older version
of some packages with fewer features and different bugs that need to be
worked around.

Cheers,
aj