Re: Fwd: linux-image-2.6-17-mac tries

> Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this was a IIfx
> or a machine with Sonic ethernet. It's possible the 5380 core code has
> suffered from bitrot. It's mostly just used by 68k. The only x86 uses
> are some old cards that I really doubt get much testing on 2.6.

I have no idea what kind of machine this happened on. If it's not Sonic or
IIfx, locking or interrupt reentry seems most likely. The 5380 driver of
old mostly relies on interrupts being masked on entry, and the big kernel
lock held.

IIRC the SCSI driver for Atari still worked in 2.6.13, with the limited
testing I gave it. I've patched 2.6.17 to compile but didn't have a chance
to test it yet.

> > with command codes at controller level scrambled , anyway no
> > > wonder that directories get corrupted.
> >
> > Yup. The question is, how does the corruption happen?
>
> I'd first try to put together a list of models where the corruption
> happens. Also, if it's specific to using an older hard drive. My IIfx
> has a drive ripped out of a PowerMac, so it's much more modern. I'll try
> to get it setup sometime soon. I had to pack away all my 68k hardware a
> little while ago and don't have it setup yet.

SCSI-1 disks have been reported to fail before... Either way, I'll test
the related Atari driver as soon as possible.