Re: buildd macs, was Re: [buildd] Etch?

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> The kernel boots fine on my Q840, but keyboard and mouse do not work.
> Was that expected as well?

No.

> This change would make the Q840 uninstallable for etch, that is not the
> progress I was looking for.

I was hoping for progress on the Q9x0, since I can't test that myself.

I have built a kernel like this,

CONFIG_ADB=y
# CONFIG_ADB_MACII is not set
# CONFIG_ADB_MACIISI is not set
CONFIG_ADB_IOP=y
# CONFIG_ADB_PMU68K is not set
CONFIG_ADB_CUDA=y

...which (I'm told) gave working ADB on a CUDA mac. The config in your deb
has this (as I requested),

CONFIG_ADB=y
# CONFIG_ADB_MACII is not set
# CONFIG_ADB_MACIISI is not set
# CONFIG_ADB_IOP is not set
# CONFIG_ADB_PMU68K is not set
CONFIG_ADB_CUDA=y

The only difference is IOP, which I asked you to disable for the purposes
of testing the Q9x0 macs. Of course, the 840av has no need for the IOP
driver, so I have no idea why your deb failed on your mac. But then, CUDA
was never 100% reliable in my tests. So, I can only suggest that you
reboot. Failing that, maybe diff the working 2.6.17 config and the
non-working 2.6.17 config just to be sure nothing else changed.

-f