Re: debian-installer/sarge

On Friday 18 August 2006 19:00, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > Yecch - w3m depends on libgc1; I bet that's the one that is buggy.
> >
> > Hmm, that seems unlikely, I just installed w3m and it doesn't crash
> > by just calling it. I don't have a fixed libgc installed (and the bug
> > would
>
> See my other mail - on the Quadra 650 it doesn't crash either. I'll try
> on the Falcon as soon as possible.
>
> > only be visible with multiple threads).
> > Notable differences may be that I have the latest gcc/libgcc
> > installed (self compiled, but should be the same), but a bit older
> > libc6 (2.3.6-13), so my guess it's one of these.
>
> Will check the versions as well.

Just a general thank you for all the effort that is being put in now.

The w3m issue has caught me completely by surprise for this upload and
because of the Etch Beta 3 release of the installer I did not really have
the time to look into it earlier. As manual builds solved it on the other
arches where it occurred, I wrote it off as buildd weirdness, but looking
at it again now I see that there is a bit more involved.

Cheers,
FJP