Re: A3000 install of v3r1

Quoting jerry@hobbeshollow.com:

> Things started up ok, got to the install script on the Amiga side,
> and then proceeded to start the install.  Answered the first two
> configuration questions (keyboard, language), but then it hung attempting
> to install.  When I flipped through the various consoles it showed
> messages saying that it was timing out talking to scsi id 5 - which in
> my case in the cdrom.

You have been bitten by the buggy Western Digital scsi chip. I have the same
problem when I try and install Debian on my A3000. Have tryed two different
age/brand scsi cdrom's (one being my 4x CDRW from the pc) and have this
problem. It's a SCSI dissconnect/timing problem within the chip. The fix is to
replace the scsi chip with a newer version or use a scsi on a accel card.

I'm going to have to try and get the scsi module on my Cyberstorm going (need
to do the INT2 hack) so I can install Linux.

--
Stephen - vk3heg