Re: A3000 install of v3r1

jerry@hobbeshollow.com schrieb:
I recently decided to install Debian on my 12yr old A3000 to see
what it would do.  The machine is currently running AmigaOS 3.9 and
has run Minix 1.0 in the past.

One thing you could try: Switch your SCSI-Interface between syncronous and asyncronous. There are some old tools which let you do this from Amiga-OS, I'll send you the program per E-Mail - it is only 5kByte. This helped me in one case and never harmed otherwise. Also check the SCSI-Chip Revision, a chip from Western Digital. WD-xxxxx-04 is old and very buggy, -06 is a little buggy and -08 is ok.

The Programm is known as A3000SCSI and lets you set sync/async, long spinup-time on power-on and multiple lun support. It writes its data into the A3000 CMOS (yes, it actually has one, it is just mostly forgotten).

Also read http://www.fh-luh.de/~spider/Amiga/Hacks/A3000SCSI.txt or the Babelfish-Version at http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=de_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fh-luh.de%2F%7Espider%2FAmiga%2FHacks%2FA3000SCSI.txt

Christian Brandt