Re: More RAM - a bad trend for m68k debian

Stephen R Marenka schrieb:

ebay.com is where I bought ram for my macs.

At least _my_ RAM-slots are full with the biggest ZIP-style-ICs available for Amiga. Same goes for other m68k-amigas and ataris, most have not even SIMM-slots but demand single RAM-ICs and then 4MBit is the biggest available option with maybe 16 or 32 sockets, totalling out at 16MB with great pain. And I didn't even mention that it is nearly impossible to aquire ZIP-style RAM today.

The most uptodate systems maybe have four slots for PS/2-SIMMs but rarelly can use more than 128MB - if you can find the special and very rare FPM-PS/2-SIMMs at all - the 16MB can be bought from time to time, 32MB FPM is very rare and 64MB... I haven't seen them for sale in 15 years.

Many embedded m68k-systems only have one PS/2-slot at all, so you are hogged at 16MB.

 So upgrading is no real solution.

 Christian Brandt