Re: More RAM - a bad trend for m68k debian

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 06:02:25PM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
> Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> > build-essential + openssh-server). The main ram hog is the partitioner
> > -- now if we could just skip that part .... ;)
>
> Well, can't you skip that part if your disk is already partitioned? If
> not, maybe one should file a wishlist bug about that...

The partitioner also sets up fstab and such and it's already a hog by
the time it's loaded up (bear in mind, we're talking about a hog by
lowmem standards). Yes, it'd be nice to have a workaround, but I don't
know that anyone is working on one. It does do a lot of cool stuff for
you like raid and lvm.

<stephen@marenka.net>