Re: how to install without d-i

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 04:28:09PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've spent last 26 hours by installing sarge on aranym. I cannot
> overcome the d-i's partitioner. Well, once I managed to partition,
> format and mount the disk on /target manually in the 2nd console but it
> worked only for the first time and since then it doesn't. The installer
> knows I skipped the partitioning and mounting (or it knows these steps
> failed) and doesn't let me continue with the installation of base
> system.
>
> Could please someone suggest me an alternate method how to install sarge
> on a harddrive.

I can think of two ways:

* Install woody, upgrade
* On a running Debian system, use crosshurd to bootstrap an m68k
  root-environment. Then, copy that to your system somehow (by using a
  tarfile, a CD-ROM, ...) and boot from it.

Alternatively, I'm willing to create a tarball for you and put it online
somewhere, if that will help.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond