how to install without d-i

Hi,

I've spent last 26 hours by installing sarge on aranym. I cannot
overcome the d-i's partitioner. Well, once I managed to partition,
format and mount the disk on /target manually in the 2nd console but it
worked only for the first time and since then it doesn't. The installer
knows I skipped the partitioning and mounting (or it knows these steps
failed) and doesn't let me continue with the installation of base
system.

Could please someone suggest me an alternate method how to install sarge
on a harddrive. I got a network driver for aranym here and I need a
running system to test and debug it.

Thanks a lot.

Petr