Re: how to install without d-i

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've spent last 26 hours by installing sarge on aranym. I cannot
> overcome the d-i's partitioner. Well, once I managed to partition,
> format and mount the disk on /target manually in the 2nd console but it
> worked only for the first time and since then it doesn't. The installer
> knows I skipped the partitioning and mounting (or it knows these steps
> failed) and doesn't let me continue with the installation of base
> system.

If the installer won't proceed because it thinks it failed, then maybe you
can make the partition/mount succeed on some other device (without
changing the existing partitions, if any), then when d-i isn't looking,
unmount it and mount your real target instead? (I've no experience of
aranym, so I don't know whether there are any emulated devices that might
be used for this.)

-f