Re: Release Notes - What kernel versions are supported?

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 10:10:34AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 03:40:59PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 08:01:45AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
>
> > > Indeed, I believe there are no 2.6 kernels at all for m68k in sarge.
>
> I stand corrected: there are no 2.6 kernels for d-i for m68k in sarge.

Yup.

> > There are 2.6.8 kernels in sarge, for amiga the kernel works, for mac it
> > does not work, for the other subarches I don't know yet, some day my atari
> > is in a shape that I can test it.
> >
> > I have a 2.6.11 for amiga, which works very well and I have a 2.6.10 from
> > Finn, which works reasonable well on my mac. However, the keyboard does not
> > work on the mac, so it is not suitable for installation. The installer
>
> So hopefully we'll see this good stuff in sid?

Yes, but I still want to test a little and the debian-kernel people keep
nagging that this is integrated in the big-debian-kernel-build-system, one
package to build them all. I need to learn a little more about this, at
least I already found how how to cross-compile packages without hacking the
control file. After I return from my trip I'll have a little more time to
work on this. So have a happy release everybody!

Christian