Re: Q: booting Debian 2.6.12-1 on a Q840

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 08:09:52PM +0300, Meelis Roos wrote:
> Hmm, since initrd is loaded to RAM by bootloader (amigalilo in your
> case?), it shoull be bootloader config (I guess amigalilo interprets
> this line by itself, not the kernel?), so I told Penguin to load initrd.
>
> Or should kernel know about it itself??

If you want an initrd loaded, you will need to configure it in Penguin.
They get loaded off the MacOS disk into RAM by Penguin, which then
just passes addresses to the kernel.

On the mounting root from a SCSI drive, are you 100% sure about your
root being on sdb4? In my experience, mac partitioning forces you to have
at least 6 partitions before you can add any data partitions, so my
Linux root tends to be something like partition 8 or 9. Is it detecting
the partition map with the number of partitions you expect? The
paritition listing should be shortly after the disk detection in
the boot messages.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com