RE: Xfree 4.x problem on Atari Falcon CT60

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Burg, D.W. van der p� v � 22. 03. 2005 v 11:00 +0100:
> > So it sure would be nice to have atari bitplanes support to the fbdev,
> > too, so that I can run in 8bit colordepth in more convenient
> > resolutions like 800x600.
>
> I just got confused by Geert - do we need to add the interleaved
> bitplanes support into kernel or into XFree 4.x?

Into XFree86 4.x.

Most probably the simplest way (for 8 bits per pixel) is to use shadowfb, and
convert from chunky to planar when a region is updated.

Oops, and I forgot someone indeed needs to add interleaved bitplanes support
into the kernel again for 2.6.x. Currently atafb is broken w.r.t. penguin logos
and text console support. But running XFree86 3.x should work ;-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds