RE: Xfree 4.x problem on Atari Falcon CT60

Title: RE: Xfree 4.x problem on Atari Falcon CT60

Yes, starting up the Xfree4 from sarge in 16bit colordepth indeed succeeds! I can use FVWM2 now with reasonable speed, running FreeCiv and GIMP gives correct colors.

Only problem with this videomode is that my screen is only a bit larger than a stamp (320x480 ;), that's why I didn't got the idea of trying this mode before.

So it sure would be nice to have atari bitplanes support to the fbdev, too, so that I can run in 8bit colordepth in more convenient resolutions like 800x600.

A videocard-expansion for the CT60-card is in development ("SuperVidel", see http://nature.atari.org ), but not ready yet.

thanks,
Dennis