RE: Xfree 4.x problem on Atari Falcon CT60

Burg, D.W. van der píše v Út 22. 03. 2005 v 11:00 +0100:
> Yes, starting up the Xfree4 from sarge in 16bit colordepth indeed
> succeeds! I can use FVWM2 now with reasonable speed, running FreeCiv
> and GIMP gives correct colors.

Very cool.

> Only problem with this videomode is that my screen is only a bit
> larger than a stamp (320x480 ;), that's why I didn't got the idea of
> trying this mode before.

With accelerated bus (16->25 MHz) you should be able to reach up to
640x480 with some videl reprogramming (various videl enhancers).

> So it sure would be nice to have atari bitplanes support to the fbdev,
> too, so that I can run in 8bit colordepth in more convenient
> resolutions like 800x600.

I just got confused by Geert - do we need to add the interleaved
bitplanes support into kernel or into XFree 4.x?

Petr