Re: Debian Woody on PowerBook 190 - again? :-(

ok...

thank you for your help so far!

i booted linux using my 2.6.whatever-mac-kernel as i did last time. using "init=/bin/sh" i finally got it working... with the rescue system of course.

now the question... can anyone explain to me, how i can partition my existing 500mb-drive using mac-fdisk (no man-pages in the rescue disk...)? and the most important thing: how do i get the installer to work? or which files do i have to copy to my new root-partition? as you allready asumed, it seems that the woody-installer doesn't like the 2.6-kernel. i wasn't able to find out, which root image on the sarge-cd 1 is the apropriate for me. there are such folders as "cdrom" etc, each containing another rootimage. do i have to ungzip it before telling penguin to use it?

i have the current debian woody and the testing-sarge on cdrom (external scsi).

arndt