Pre-compiled for VME box?

I have a VME box with a MVME 162-222 and a MVME 320B-1. The 162 I
know something about but I know very little about the 320B.

The 162 does not have disk support so the 320B would have to provide the disk
interface.

Does the Debian distribution for the 162 have the "smarts" to interface with the 320 card?

I am not a programmer but have a little experience with Sun Solarus, on a Sparc 20,
which I now have networked and on the web.

I would like to see this equipment have an OS of some kind that I could afford.

Any advice appreciated

Bill K7NOM