Re: m68k debian-installer call for testers

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:15:23PM +0100, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> I am trying this on my Amiga. The ramdisk option for Amiga is
> "ramdisk=20000", and you have to type it right as well... I also use the
> debian-installer/framebuffer option, not sure if that is necessary.

cdrom or nativehd ram disk?

> Installation then starts, but it fails to detect my network card, it is an
> ariadne2 and I know it works. It is not built into the kernel, but it is a
> module in the kernel-image, some time ago the name changed from ariadne2 to
> zorro8390. I had a look in /lib/modules/2.4.24/kernel, but it is empty? Can
> I load the module manually somehow (where are the modules hiding?) or do I
> have to build a kernel-image where the NICs are compiled in?

Looks like I goofed twice. The nic modules weren't being added to the
daily builds (hopefully fixed for tonight's build). And I failed to add
zorro8390 to linux-kernel-di's list of modules. That'll have to await a
new upload (.52).

Sorry.

Thanks for the report.

Stephen