Re: m68k debian-installer call for testers

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 07:23:23AM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 03:55:43AM -0500, Hank wrote:
>
> > Tried the 3-14-04 build on a Quadra 840AV. Installed Sarge or the
> > testing distro using the nativehd.gz files. Everything went fine. Just
> > took a long time to load everything. Seems like the installer takes an
> > awful long time compared to the previous installer.
>
> I'd appreciate it if you'd file a bug as per installation reports in
> <http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/cvs/debian-installer/doc/INSTALLATION-HOWTO>
>
> So far I'm the only person to actually do this. As far as I know, you're
> the second person to ever finish a m68k d-i install.

I am trying this on my Amiga. The ramdisk option for Amiga is
"ramdisk=20000", and you have to type it right as well... I also use the
debian-installer/framebuffer option, not sure if that is necessary.

Installation then starts, but it fails to detect my network card, it is an
ariadne2 and I know it works. It is not built into the kernel, but it is a
module in the kernel-image, some time ago the name changed from ariadne2 to
zorro8390. I had a look in /lib/modules/2.4.24/kernel, but it is empty? Can
I load the module manually somehow (where are the modules hiding?) or do I
have to build a kernel-image where the NICs are compiled in?

Christian