Re: 68k or m68k port status

On Wed, 2003-07-09 09:29:14 +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
wrote in message <[🔎] Pine.GSO.4.21.0307090926070.18825-100000@vervain.sonytel.be>:
> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 08:23:26AM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > > On Wed, 2003-07-09 00:22:04 +0200, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be>
> >
> > > It would be *really* cool to have some Debian Text Centre. I know that
> > > there are autobuilders available for all architectures, but they
> > > fullfill a different need (-> a hopefully stable box to compile all the
> > > userspace). But that's only half of the truth. We also need some boxes
> > > running the bleeding edge stuff to recognize risig problems _early_.
> > > I could basically give some machines for such a Test Centre, but
> > > unfortunately, I don't have a place to put them to, nor do I have power
> > > and appropriate connectivity.
> > > Maybe some university could offer some room in some dark cellar?!
> >
> > The problem is not to have lots of machines (I have as well two machines
> > standing around), but to have people who are doing the testing.
>
> Indeed.

I think getting boxes isn't the main problem (even a MicroVAX could be
organized to start a debian port, while there's no real libc available:)

The main problem I see is clearly a place, some power and connectivity.

The rest (notably remote power/reset) can be dealt with (some soldering
and we're done:)

I don't yet have a place, power and connectivity, but if it was somewhat
"near", I'd really volunteer to do the stacking / soldering part. A
hacking center for longer than a  LinuxTag.

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));