Re: a1200 and fat floppies, 2.2.25

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 09:51:07AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > simultaneously. I wish I could use flash media on the Amiga, like a USB
> > reader/writer or a PCMCIA/CF adapter that I use on the Vaios... or somebody
>
> If you would have IDE in your Amiga, you could. CF is just IDE, and adapters
> are available...

Well, I do, but its not exactly hotswapping is it? And I need an opening in
the A2k to swap the media. Hmm, maybe I should throw out the useless floppy
drive

> Keep on bugging Jens...

or put in a PC floppy... actually, he offered to give me documentation, and
he gave me a little before I left germany. But I'd have to write a driver
without comments he said, and maybe even binary only, I forgot. I wasn't too
enthusiastic about this, and I didn't have too much time to waste, so I did
not follow up.

> > fixes affs for 2.4.x, or Amililo for 060. But I guess I'll have to create a
> > fat partition on my next harddisk.
>
> Didn't Roman Zippel fixed Amililo a while ago?

I think thats what he said, but when I tried it last time, my Amiga kept
crashing and crashing and crashing. All while loading the bootblock. I was
happy when it booted normally again. I don't remember hearing of any fixes
in the meantime.

Christian