Re: chicken or egg problem-newbie install question

Lincoln Rutledge wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Have Quadra 610, first Mac.  Onboard Ethernet, fb video, SCSI CDROM,
> 250mb disk, 1gb disk.  OS 7.1.
> How do I get network software installed in Mac OS to download Stuffit?
> Or get Stuffit onto a Mac disk to install?
> Have access to a WinXP machine on internet and LAN.
>
> Have Debian Potato CD for mac68k burned and ready to go.  I have tried
> some different demo software for writing Mac floppies in XP with no
> luck.  Also downloading the apps I need and burning them to CD doesn't
> work, I believe Windows kills the Mac file system metadata when saving
> to disk.
>
> Can I do this with a binary floppy image?  Where would I find one?
>
> The problem is that I need to be able to extract the darn installation
> files.

What I did was use something called 'macette' on my PC (Win98). This
will format, read and write MacOS floppies in you PC's drive. More in
the faqs on:

www.sjoki.uta.fi/~shmhav/68000.txt and
www.sjoki.uta.fi/!shmhav/mac-internet-faq.txt

HTH, Erik
Erik C.J. Laan				elaan at dds.nl
Please reply below the message,	 please cut unrelevant pieces from a
reply.