Re: Mounting my CD-ROM, while installing Woody on my ATARI TT030

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 06:27:24PM +0200, Thomas Scherk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> under TOS my SCSI-CD-ROM-Drive works fine.
>
> I try to install Woody m68k for the ATARI TT030. I have copied drivers.tgz
> and rescue.bin to c:\atari\images_1.44.
>
> Now I am at the state that I want to install the base system. I have got the
> 6 CDs. While booting Woody from Harddisk C:\atari\bootstra.prg, Woody tells
> me that it has recognized my CD ROM at SCSI ID 3 and names it sr0.
>
> I want to install the rest from CD, espacially because on my Harddisk C:\
> under TOS I have got the 8+3-name convention. The CD has directories which
> succeed this convention. Example: "binary-m68k".
>
> How can I mount the CD-ROM within installation and use it for Installation?

I take it you've already tried selecting the Install from CD-ROM menu
item (after selecting Install Base)? Does it give you errors?

You might try mounting it manually in the shell (Alt-F2), like

mount -t iso9660 /dev/sro /mnt

and then pointing the installer to a 'already mounted partition' instead.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |