Re: HELP: Amiga 2000, Blizzard 2060---base system install fails!

Hello Christian!

On 03-May-02, you wrote:

> On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 12:17:25PM +0200, Christer Oldhoff wrote:
>>
>> The docs mention something like 'debug=mem'; is this some switch I have
>> to turn on in the StartInstall script to get the dmesg output?
> Um, yes, doesn't README.dmesg say that? Please add that to your
> StartInstall script.

Yes, but I was too stupid to understand where to insert it...Auweia!

As my second email shows, I now get to the 'Choose Language Variant' screen,
using the woody 3.0.22 disks.
Now I also have the output of dmesg---the only problem (last line) seems to
be that it reports a '*keyboard self-test failure*'.
Do I need a new keyboard?

Do You want the complete output from dmesg?
In that case: included in a mail or does this list allow attachments
(too lazy to read the list rules, sorry...)?

>> My *hardware* is:
>>
>> - A2000B (manufactured in 1989 and bought in Germany), motherboard rev.
>> 6.2, ECS,
> Mine is a little older, OCS...

Mine was too, initially, but I upgraded it with a new Denise pretty soon.

>> - DEInterlace flicker fixer
> is that external, internal or part of the P-II?

External in the special slot next to the PSU.

>> - Oktagon SCSI-II controller
> can you remove that one (physically) for testing?
>> - MultiFaceCard-III interface card
> that one as well?

I can remove them both if needed---perhaps next week when I have more time.
>> - Catweasel S-Class
> S-Class? I have a Catweasel Zorro-II IIRC, works great, the IDE part.

I don't know if there is any difference.

> MAPROM feature of B2060:
> can you switch that off? You do not need the kickstart once in Linux.

Yes, I have to change a jumper.

> Try to use a simple configuration first, if it works switch on one by one.
> It might be a kernel conflict with your hardware, I suspect the octagon, I
> am having problems with my GVP-II controller, but not as bad problems as
> you have...

I have to come back to You on that.

You have given me a lot to try out---thanks!!

--
Christer Oldhoff
Email: coldhoff@swipnet.se