Re: Tape drive support in 2.2.10 kernal

Hi Christian,

> > which have 2.2r0.  I did have problems installing from that set, it
> > dies in tasksel, which from checking the buglist seems to have been
> > a known bug with some scripts in base-config which was corrected right
> > after the r0 release. It seemed to have enough installed to bring the
> Uh? Hmm, maybe I didn't use tasksel... I can't remember hearing that?

I went back and found the bug that I think keeps the 2.2r0 install
from completing correctly.  I went back through the changelog and is
is very close to the bottom (near the 2.2r0 release:

dists/potato/main/binary-m68k/admin/base-config_0.33.2.deb
base-config (0.33.2) stable; urgency=3Dlow
  * Corrected stupid typo in templates file, Closes: #74785, #74815, =
#74828
  * This problem makes it impossible to install the package, so it is
    important and must go in.

I thought this may be the problem as the system was complaining about
scripts not existing/being correct.  Perhaps I am not correct in my
thinking though.

--Lance

--
Lance Tagliapietra | lancetag@luminet.net | Contract Software Engineer
Amiga Enthusiast   |   TeXnically Aware   | Embedded Systems Developer