RE: PCC error

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 04:44:27PM -0700, Rick Eicher II wrote:
> When I enter pcc I get failed
> --SCSI port reset signal is active---
>
> Any one know how to fix this on a mvme147 board?

>Don't enter pcc?

>Honestly, I have no idea about vme, but maybe giving a little more
>information on your system (is this a debian problem or is this a hardware
>problem of your board? If its debian, what version, if its vme, what CPU,
>what board revision(?), did you ask vme?) might help more than asking the
>same question here on a daily basis. But this is just IMHO, YMMV.
>Christian
-

First let me apologize for the many non informative posts. I do it merely
out of frustration. :(

The board is a mvme147SA. It has an MC68030 enhanced 32-bit microprocessor.
This is not a operating system problem as I have not got far enough to put
one on. This is from the 147bug prompt. I have followed a threat from the
NetBSD port, were a guy had this same problem and replaced the nvram fixed
it. Found some nvram locally. I will try it today. If any one has any more
ideas please let me know.

Also I do have all of the terminating blocks in place. I have replaced the
scsi cable. Not sure if I know what fuse you are referring to Richard Hirst.
I assume that a pcb is the card plugged into the back plate that the scsi
cable plugs into??

Thanks for all your time,
Richard Eicher II
www.pbol.net