xine again...

Hi folks,

a few days again I asked for xine testers on debian-ports. Responses have
been tremendous, so we've got it running on i386. alpha and powerpc and
soon on sparc.

The source, however explicitly excluded m68k even at configure
time. That's fixed now, along with some other bugs, so it should _almost_
compile on m68k.

However, there are two routines in libmad (the MPEG audio decoder) that
need platform dependant assembler code. You'll find them immediately, if
you try to compile xine-lib: in src/libmad there are 2 header files,
fixed.h and mad.h. You'll find excessive comments and lots of architecture
dependant code there, embraced by idef(FPM_*). But as I'm not capable of
m68k assembler, and hardly know anything about this platform, someone else
has to write the FPM_M68K parts.

Are there any volunteers? It's not much code, really.

And before you flame me about the nonsense of a DVD player on an
underpowered m68k machine: The faster ones should definitely be able to
play video CDs with aaxine. That might not be too useful, but very cool
;-)
And for a more serious application: there are lots of stamp-sized videos
on the net which should even play smoothly on old machines, well, and
maybe omeone wants to play mp3s with xine...

So, happy porting!

	Siggi