Re: bf-3.0.7 report: failure

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 08:09:59PM +0200, Bjoern Brill wrote:

> Well I'm not so sure console-* is the problem. Anyway I don't see what I
Seems you're right:
> could tell the maintainer that he doesn't already know. Here are the
> facts:
>
> The boot-floppie's "configure the keyboard" dialog offers 6 mac keymaps (2
> US, 2 german, 2 french), but /etc/keymaps.gz contains only three of
> these 6; here's a tar -tzf:
>
> mac/mac-us-std.bmap
> mac/mac-us-ext.bmap
> mac/mac-fr2-ext.bmap
This comes up when I look for mac keymaps.sh in the boot-floppies source:
case "$arch" in
    m68k)
        export keymaps="atari/atari-de.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-us-std.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-us-ext.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-fr2-ext.kmap.gz"
        ;;
    powerpc)
        export keymaps="amiga/amiga-de.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-fr2-ext.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-us-ext.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-us-std.kmap.gz"
# Broken in console-data see bts#50588
#        mac/mac-de-latin1-nodeadkeys.kmap.gz
        ;;

> The following may be interesting: loadkeys issues an error with the
> 'broken' mac-de-latin1-nodeadkeys keymap (the others seem to work). Could
> it be that bf's keymap -> bmap conversion uses loadkeys or something
> similar, bombs out at the first error and the 'broken' keymap happens to
> be the fourth that's processed?
Looks more like its hardcoded, but I did not see yet how/where the installer
offers you six keymaps...

We can add them in. If you could fix the broken keymap (see bug), might have
them all? Or should we just add some of them, the working ones?
This should move to debian-boot...

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato