Re: Newbie Amiga install help

Adam C Powell IV:

> 5 MB fast RAM,

5 Mbyte is a kind of small, I'd try to get some more memory. (I've fitted my
Amiga 1200 with 32 Mbyte FastRAM and a 68040 card for much the same reason,
to be able to build m68k packages).

> Second, the insntall docs say something like "unpack the install.tgz
> into a directory".  I assume this means AmigaDOS binaries of tar and
> gzip are included in the install CD?

I re-archived the file into an lha file on another Linux machine before
transferring it to the Amiga. That made things a bit easier :-)

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html